25 bike cops catch couple 'rounding home'
Officers were participating in bicycle school, rode into baseball field to find duo circling different bases than park normally sees
By Stephanie Farr
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — A group of 25 bicycle cops spotted a man and a woman rounding home plate at Naylor's Run Park on Tuesday afternoon, but the pair wasn't playing ball, police said.
The officers, who were participating in an Upper Darby bicycle school for cops, were shocked when they rode up on a man and woman having sex on a bench near the park's baseball diamond, said Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 25 bike cops catch couple 'rounding home'
- Bizarre Beat
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter