Police: Tulsa homeowner hogties would-be burglar
The homeowner captured the man, tied him up with rope, then left him outside for officers
TULSA, Okla. — Police in Tulsa say a homeowner captured a would-be burglar and left him hogtied in the front yard for officers.
Police say the homeowner heard someone trying to break into his home at about 6 a.m. Wednesday. Tulsa television station KOTV reports that the homeowner captured the man, tied him up with rope, then left him outside.
Police say the homeowner had to go to work so he left his wife to watch the suspect until officers arrived.
The 31-year-old suspect was jailed on a first-degree burglary complaint. Authorities did not know if he had an attorney.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court