Facebook post helps cops catch serial dine-and-dasher
An annoyed restaurant decided to make the man's face public by posting it to their Facebook page
By PoliceOne Staff
RENO, Nev. — A restaurant frustrated with a patron who skipped out on his bill filed a police report and posted the man’s picture to their Facebook page to warn other businesses, resulting in the arrest of the man.
The Brewer’s Cabinet wrote on their page, “If you know, or see, this dude, please call RENO POLICE DEPT at 334-2121 immediately, and then remind him that his tab at The Brewer's Cabinet is still waiting to be paid.... and his tab at Campo.... and his tab at Imperial.... and his tab at Chapel... and his tab at many other fine establishments. And, while you're at it, you could tell him that visiting restaurants/bars with your friends, running up a huge bill, roughing up servers and then bailing is pretty uncool... pathetic, really. Get a life, man.”
As the post went viral, more restaurant owners recognized the man, Saul Zelaznog, for leaving without paying at their establishments, too, according to MyNews4.
Zelaznog was arrested Thursday for violating his probation and was booked at Washoe County Jail.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert