OJ Simpson caught hoarding cookies in prison
A corrections officer saw Simpson hiding something and found several oatmeal cookies
The Daily Mail
Nevada — Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar? O.J. Simpson, apparently. The former gridiron great was recently caught pilfering the sweet treats from the cafeteria of his Nevada prison — something which is strictly forbidden.
According to a source, guards noticed the 66-year-old hiding something under his prison clothes as he walked back to his cell after lunch. When they quizzed him, he revealed a stash of more than a dozen oatmeal cookies, which were then seized.
The guard could have written up Simpson for the attempted cookie smuggle but he reportedly decided to let him off with a warning. The source said that while Simpson was embarrassed, eating his favorite foods is the only enjoyment he has left.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke takes job with Homeland Security
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Grand jury doesn't indict Ohio officer for fatally shooting teen