Video: Texas police chase after errant kangaroo
Deputies helped corner the 4-foot-tall kangaroo as the owner offered it a treat and grabbed the pet
News & Record
MIDLAND, Texas — Officers in West Texas who answered calls about a kangaroo hopping along a road helped capture the pet and return the animal to its owner.
Midland County Sheriff Gary Painter says deputies thought dispatchers were crazy when calls came in Tuesday night from people who said they saw a kangaroo. Patrol car video shows some of the chase along a rural highway near Midland.
Deputies helped corner the 4-foot-tall kangaroo as the owner offered it a treat and grabbed the pet.
Painter said Wednesday that Midland County has an exotic animals ordinance and owners must notify the sheriff's office. Authorities are checking to see if a pet kangaroo falls under that category.
Copyright 2013 the News & Record
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court