Iowa cops, COs compete for hairiest for cancer awareness
No Shave November raises money for cancer patients and increases awareness of men's health, specifically prostate cancer
By Molly Montag
Sioux City Journal
SIOUX CITY — Deputy David Benson and Jeromy Stroman, a corrections officer, have some interesting predictions about who of their counterparts at the Woodbury County Sheriff's Office will have the best beard at the end of the month.
The department participated in a beard-growing fundraiser, No Shave November, to raise money for cancer patients and increase awareness of men's health, specifically prostate cancer.
So far, they've raised approximately $1,300 for the June E. Nylen Cancer Center in Sioux City.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend