Opinion: Ga. police deserve pay above, beyond
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Copyright 2006 The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Atlanta Mayor Shirley Franklin made the right choice in proposing a 3.5 percent raise for police officers to keep them from leaving the city's payroll. That's on top of a cost-of-living increase.
City Council members should support the mayor's decision to use surplus funds where they are most needed, in the Atlanta Police Department, even though it means ignoring the howls of protest from firefighters that they, too, deserve an increase in pay.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Opinion: Ga. police deserve pay above, beyond
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help