Suspended Ala. police captain is on patrol
By Russ Henderson
The Mobile Press Register
FAIRHOPE, Ala. — Two weeks after the Police Department's second-in-command was suspended with pay, he was back at work again this week. But, according to Mayor Tim Kant, Capt. Steve Griffis is working patrol duty, not acting as a department administrator.
"I didn't ask what he did and didn't do. I'm trying to keep everyone in the family happy, so to speak, and this is part of that effort," Kant said Wednesday. "Hopefully things with the Police Department will settle down soon, after a new police chief is selected."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Suspended Ala. police captain is on patrol
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy