Calif. university may merge campus police forces
By Matt Krupnick
Contra Costa Times
BERKELEY, Calif. — The University of California is considering merging the UC Berkeley and UC San Francisco police departments under common leadership.
With each campus facing state budget cuts of up to $100 million, the proposal could lessen the effects on academics and key operations at the two schools, said UC Berkeley spokesman Dan Mogulof.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. university may merge campus police forces
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help