Texas city starts search for new police chief
By Beth Kuhles
The Houston Chronicle
The Conroe City Council will appoint a nine-member committee to recommend police chief candidates. Police Chief Charlie Ray retired on May 31 after a 30-year career in law enforcement. The City Council opted to do its own search, rather than hire an outside firm, and will appoint a nine-member committee to review applicants.
That committee will include Mayor Webb Melder, Mayor Pro Tem Jerry Streater, a third council member, Fire Chief Ken Kreger, City Administrator Jerry McGuire, two police department staff, including a patrol officer and two citizens, including a representative from the Dugan or Madeley areas of the city.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Texas city starts search for new police chief
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform