Police academies still thriving despite recession
By Joel Currier
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
ST. LOUIS — Chuck DeProw had job offers from the Police Department and the U.S. Steel plant in Granite City.
He chose the higher-paying factory job because he needed the money.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Alaska police fatally shoot armed man holding hostages
- PD removes 'Blue Lives Matter,' Punisher car decals after criticism
- Police: Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower
- Report: Hiring standards may be lowered to meet Border Patrol staffing goal
- Retired CHP sergeant dies while protecting friend from robber