Dallas chief to resign, leaves big shoes to fill
Dallas Morning News
DALLAS — Behind the diffident demeanor, David Kunkle is a smart guy – smarter than most people still, at this late date, seem to realize.
His shrewd exit strategy for retiring from the Dallas police chief's job is as carefully calculated as any other move he has made in his quietly pursued but ever-escalating career.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Dallas chief to resign, leaves big shoes to fill
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help