Dallas chief to resign, leaves big shoes to fill
Dallas Morning News
DALLAS — Behind the diffident demeanor, David Kunkle is a smart guy – smarter than most people still, at this late date, seem to realize.
His shrewd exit strategy for retiring from the Dallas police chief's job is as carefully calculated as any other move he has made in his quietly pursued but ever-escalating career.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Dallas chief to resign, leaves big shoes to fill
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house