San Francisco chief offers break to cops in trouble
By Phillip Matier and Andrew Ross
San Francisco Chronicle
SAN FRANCISCO — A backlog of disciplinary cases is forcing San Francisco Police Chief George Gascón to play "Let's Make a Deal" with errant cops - offering passes for offenses that under ordinary circumstances could get them fired.
The chief figures he has to do something, having inherited a mess when he came on the job in July in which some officers' disciplinary cases had lain dormant for years.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend