Ohio chief expands volunteer force to cope with small staff
By Lynn Hulsey
Dayton Daily News
DAYTON, Ohio — The city police department will likely become increasingly reliant on technology and citizen volunteers to cope with being short-handed, Dayton Chief Richard Biehl said.
Speaking on Wednesday, Dec. 9, during a City Commission budget work session, Biehl said the department will not be able to deliver the same level of service in the same ways with decreased staff.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. sheriff told to disarm before entering arena for charity event
- More than 200 police chiefs criticize Trump’s 'law and order' executive actions
- Video: Nashville cop fatally shoots armed man, NAACP wants probe
- Video: NY trooper arrests suspect after being dragged by vehicle
- Booby trap impales officer investigating marijuana grow operation