Ga. police chief is stripped of full operational power
By Kristi E. Swartz
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
CLAYTON COUNTY, Ga. — Clayton County police Chief Jeffrey Turner said Wednesday he thinks the County Commission's decision to give full operational control of the Police Department --- including the power to hire and fire the police chief --- over to Commission Chairman Eldrin Bell is a personal move against him.
It also undermines his authority as chief of police, he said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman