Ga. police chief is stripped of full operational power
By Kristi E. Swartz
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
CLAYTON COUNTY, Ga. — Clayton County police Chief Jeffrey Turner said Wednesday he thinks the County Commission's decision to give full operational control of the Police Department --- including the power to hire and fire the police chief --- over to Commission Chairman Eldrin Bell is a personal move against him.
It also undermines his authority as chief of police, he said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms