Calif. county has 'little choice' on deputy pay cuts
Shasta County declared contract talks a failure and unilaterally impose wage and benefit cuts
The Redding Record Searchlight
REDDING, Calif. — If righteous outrage could refill Shasta County's depleted treasury, the sheriff's deputies wouldn't need to take a pay cut.
The union representing deputies, jail guards and other county officers has lambasted the Board of Supervisors and County Administrative Officer Larry Lees. It's cried foul that other unions aren't facing concessions as severe as the Deupty Sheriff's Association. It's taken out radio ads blasting - what else? - palm trees.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman