Boston cop fired in racist e-mail flap
The officer used a racial slur about Harvard Professor Henry Louis Gates Jr.
BOSTON — A Boston cop who fired off an e-mail that used a racial slur about Harvard Professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. has been bounced from the force.
Police announced this afternoon that Officer Justin Barrett has been “terminated” after five charges were filed against him by a hearing officer for the insulting missive.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Boston cop fired in racist e-mail flap
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help