Ohio cop who drove 149 mph gets job back
It 'wasn't proved' that he abused his position
GAHANNA, Ohio — A Gahanna police officer caught driving 149 mph while off duty has his job back, but he won't be patrolling the streets for a while, Deputy Chief Kenneth Bell said.
Gahanna fired Officer Christopher Thomas, 34, in August, citing conduct unbecoming, immoral conduct, abuse of position and failure to conform to laws.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ohio cop who drove 149 mph gets job back
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy