Policy change for Texas cops who moonlight at bars
The new policy prohibits officers from working for businesses like bars or clubs
San Antonio Express-News
SAN ANTONIO, Texas — Bexar County deputies who provide security for bars and nightclubs will have to moonlight elsewhere because of a new sheriff's department policy that took effect this month.
The policy, implemented March 1 on orders of Sheriff Amadeo Ortiz, prohibits deputies from working part time for establishments that generate more than 50 percent of their sales from alcohol.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help