Chicago police commander charged with harassing cop
District Officer Penelope Trahanas is accused by her ex-boyfriend, a Chicago Police officer, of making threats against him
CHICAGO — A Chicago Police commander has been arrested and charged with misdemeanor telephone harassment of her former boyfriend — a Chicago Police officer — allegations her lawyer says are overblown because they were simply the result of a lovers’ quarrel.
Cmdr. Penelope Trahanas of the Harrison District on the West Side turned herself in to the Internal Affairs Division on Tuesday night, police said. She was relieved of her police powers pending an investigation by the department and the Independent Police Review Authority.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert