Lawsuit claims NJ police impose a quota system
Claim alleges that officers who don't make enough arrests are punished
CAMDEN, N.J. — A federal lawsuit filed yesterday against city and state officials alleges that Camden police officers who don't make enough arrests and pedestrian stops are punished, along with those who criticize the practice.
The "quota" practice, the lawsuit alleges, is illegal.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Lawsuit claims NJ police impose a quota system
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman