28 Neb. cops suspended for watching videos on duty
Chief also will make the officers retake their oaths
Lincoln Journal Star
LINCOLN, Neb. — Almost 9 percent of Lincoln's police force will be suspended without pay for watching videos instead of patrolling or doing other work, Police Chief Tom Casady said Wednesday.
The five sergeants and 23 officers - who were working the department's third shift in the late night and early morning hours -face between one and 10 days of suspension, depending on their involvement, the chief said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman