New chief in rural Pa. to focus on fight against drugs
Promoted from Corporal, Chief Brad Shepler is a 22-year veteran selected to lead Jeannette PD's 13-member force
By Paul Paterra
JEANETTE, Pa. — Chief Brad Shepler vows to involve his colleagues in the operation of the Jeannette Police Department.
Shepler, a 22-year veteran of the department, was sworn in as chief yesterday morning by Mayor Robert Carter in front of many of those officers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic