Mass. town gets 2 new cops despite hiring freeze
By Rachel R. Briere
LITTLETON, Mass. — Amidst a townwide hiring freeze, the Police Department was given an exemption to hire two new officers.
Selectmen voted to approve Police Chief John Kelly's request to fill two open positions, bringing the department from 14 to 16 full-time officers adding two patrols -- one day and one 3-to-11-p.m. shift.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Mass. town gets 2 new cops despite hiring freeze
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court