Five charged in attacks that injured three Chicago cops
By Tina Sfondeles
The Chicago Sun-Times
CHICAGO — On Sunday, five men were charged in attacks Saturday that left three police officers injured, including a correctional officer.
Charles Rush, 23, is charged with aggravated battery with a firearm in a shooting that left an off-duty Cook County correctional officer hospitalized with a bullet in his stomach, Assistant State's Attorney Gerardo Tristan said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman