Five charged in attacks that injured three Chicago cops
By Tina Sfondeles
The Chicago Sun-Times
CHICAGO — On Sunday, five men were charged in attacks Saturday that left three police officers injured, including a correctional officer.
Charles Rush, 23, is charged with aggravated battery with a firearm in a shooting that left an off-duty Cook County correctional officer hospitalized with a bullet in his stomach, Assistant State's Attorney Gerardo Tristan said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help