Univ. of Tenn. picks female police chief
Appointment of Gloria S. Graham, currently assistant police chief at Duke University, is a first for the University of Tennessee
By Don Jacobs
For the first time in its history, the University of Tennessee Police Department has appointed a female chief.
Gloria S. Graham, who currently is the assistant police chief at Duke University, will take the reins of UTPD on Aug. 23, according to UT spokeswoman Amy Blakely.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Univ. of Tenn. picks female police chief
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court