Texas promotion exam 'cheating scandal' ends
San Antonio PD Internal Affairs unit had forwarded 16 cases involving violation of testing protocols, such as talking in line, to the Chief's Action Advisory Board
By Michelle Mondo
San Antonio Express-News
Thirteen patrol officers will be disciplined but none will lose their jobs following an investigation into allegations of improper conduct during a promotion exam earlier this year, Police Chief William McManus said Wednesday.
The announcement closed months of speculation over cheating rumors that swirled around a detective exam taken in March by nearly 400 officers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Texas promotion exam 'cheating scandal' ends
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman