Ill. sheriff tops Chicago mayor's race
Sheriff Tom Dart is scandal-free, has likability, political pedigree, and shapes up as the candidate to beat
By Mark Brown
The Chicago Sun-Times
It's been a week now since Mayor Daley's announcement that he won't seek re-election, and with each passing day, the list of would-be candidates to replace him just gets longer and longer.
Cook County Treasurer Maria Pappas was the latest Monday to make the don't-forget-about-me case, which now makes it a quorum of county elected officials with Sheriff Tom Dart, Assessor Jim Houlihan and Clerk David Orr already having staked a claim.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ill. sheriff tops Chicago mayor's race
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court