Four Chicago cops stripped of arrest powers
Six officers were similarly treated early this month after sergeant was accused beating a handcuffed suspect
By Frank Main
The Chicago Sun-Times
CHICAGO — Four Chicago Police officers have been stripped of their arrest powers during an internal investigation, sources said Thursday.
The department would not say what the officers are accused of or their unit assignment.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Four Chicago cops stripped of arrest powers
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help