Four Chicago cops stripped of arrest powers
Six officers were similarly treated early this month after sergeant was accused beating a handcuffed suspect
By Frank Main
The Chicago Sun-Times
CHICAGO — Four Chicago Police officers have been stripped of their arrest powers during an internal investigation, sources said Thursday.
The department would not say what the officers are accused of or their unit assignment.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Four Chicago cops stripped of arrest powers
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman