Ga. reserves join PD 'just in time'
Four reserve officers took their oaths April 26, just in time to help with storm response, spending their first week guarding the lot where storm-damaged cars were stored and patrolling Alabama Highway looking for looters
Chattanooga Times Free Press
Twenty-four hours after Heath Stewart was sworn in as one of the first reserve officers for the Ringgold Police Department, he was out all night signing in volunteers responding to the deadly April 27 storm.
Along with three other newly sworn-in reserve officers, Stewart spent the next week guarding the lot where storm-damaged cars were stored and patrolling Alabama Highway looking for looters.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ga. reserves join PD 'just in time'
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house