Govt. program will hire veterans as first responders
The Veterans Jobs Corps will 'put veterans back to work protecting and rebuilding America' by hiring them as police officers, firefighters
Defense Department Documents and Publications
ARLINGTON, Va. — President Barack Obama today continued his commitment to improving employment among veterans by introducing an initiative to hire them as the country's first responders.
"In my State of the Union address, I proposed a new initiative called the Veterans Jobs Corps to put veterans back to work protecting and rebuilding America," he said. "And today, we're laying out the details of this proposal."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds