NH police look to save money with staff changes
Changes in structure would put more officers on the streets
By Paul Montgomery
The Union Leader
HOOKSETT, N.H. — As the police department reviews an audit performed by Public Safety Strategies Group, the suggestion to restructure staff is already under way.
At the command staff level, the administrative lieutenant will become a civilian position.
Police commission Chairwoman Joanne McHugh said many of the jobs done by the administrative lieutenant can be handled by a civilian. The work includes fleet management and updating department policies.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NH police look to save money with staff changes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman