Suspect in death of NJ cop wanted to be an officer
Millville Police Patrolman Christopher Reeves died Sunday morning when a suspect hit his cruiser, striking the driver's side
By PoliceOne Staff
MILLVILLE, N.J. — A suspect involved in a crash that killed a Millville officer recently applied to join the department, police said.
Millville Police Patrolman Christopher Reeves died Sunday morning when Timothy Seidel, 23, hit his cruiser, striking the driver's side where he sat. Trainee Jonathan Seidel, who was a passenger in the cruiser, was injured, according to ABC 6.
Police Captain Matt Rabbai confirmed Timothy Seidel, who is no relation to the trainee who was injured, was one of 10 candidates to become officers who had background checks pending, but residency requirements would have prevented him from being hired.
Timothy and Jonathan Seidel both remained in the hospital Monday night, with the officer scheduled to undergo surgery for arm injuries.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy