Ex-commander's testimony supports Ariz. cop appealing termination
By Patrick Lohmann
ALBUQUERQUE — A former Albuquerque police commander in charge of the two officers fired for excessive force in 2011 said during a Wednesday city personnel hearing that he told his officers the man they were looking for had killed a Colorado police officer the day before.
But the commander then said he never tried to verify that information before he put a warning memo in each of his officers' mailboxes.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house