Editorial: Life behind badge is about risk, service
Commentary by David Whiting
The Orange County Register
Retired officers reflect on why they chose the job.
A family friend excitedly tells me he's on his way to becoming an Orange County sheriff's deputy and, when pressed, admits some people question his wisdom.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman