Ill. 'Top DUI cop' honored ...again
Will County Sheriff's Deputy Steve Kirsch has made more than 1,000 DUI arrests
By Brian Stanley
Another year. Another award. And another mixed reaction from Will County Sheriff's Deputy Steve Kirsch.
"I wonder if I'm really doing more. It's nice to get recognition, but there have been defense attorneys who try to turn it around" and suggest he arrested their clients just to pump up his arrest numbers, he said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ill. 'Top DUI cop' honored ...again
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic