Video: Korean 'Die Hard' cop clings to hood of car
Cop arrested a drug suspect after clinging to his car for 25 minutes
SEOUL, South Korea — A South Korean traffic cop who arrested a drug suspect after clinging to his car for 25 minutes has gotten a promotion and is being called the "Die Hard policeman" by local media.
Police say Kim Hyun-cheol initially stopped the suspect's car in the city of Busan because it made an illegal U-turn on Aug. 26. When the suspect sped off, Kim clung to the windshield and roof of the car.
The suspect eventually stopped and was arrested after a foot chase. Officials say the man was later found to be on a wanted list for drug-related crimes.
Kim has since been promoted to assistant inspector. His nickname refers to the heroic acts of actor Bruce Willis' police character John McClane in the hit "Die Hard" movie series.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house