Officer punished for involvement in rap video
Privileges were revoked after weapons and gang signs were flashed in viral video
By PoliceOne Staff
GARY, Ill. — An officer is in trouble after a rap video he was involved in went viral.
Jason Johnson, in uniform, and his squad car appear in a video where gang signs and weapons are shown, authorities said.
Police Chief Wade Ingram met Johnson Monday morning to terminate the officer’s take-home privileges and transfer him to the garage, according to the Chicago-Sun Times.
“We are policing ourselves as well as the citizens. We will do everything in our power to ensure that any illegal behavior by Gary police officers will not be tolerated,” Ingram wrote in an email sent by city spokeswoman Chelsea Whittington.
The city police commission is investigating.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman