Former Ga. sheriff leaves unforgettable legacy
Community remembers a helpful, patriotic, loving man who demanded professionalism
The Augusta Chronicle
AUGUSTA, Ga. — It's well known by now how much former Richmond County Sheriff Charlie Webster loved people, and how much they loved him.
Dozens of people approached current Sheriff Ronnie Strength at Webster's funeral service Tuesday — "And every one of them said, 'He always helped people,' " Strength recalled. "And they would tell me a story."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Former Ga. sheriff leaves unforgettable legacy
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court