Chief: Outside hire for 'objective' internal affairs cases
Santa Fe chief chose someone without connections within the department to conduct internal affairs investigations of officers facing complaints
SANTA FE — Former Truth or Consequences police chief Patrick Gallagher has been hired as the Santa Fe Police Department's new "professional standards captain," in charge of internal affairs matters.
The decision to bring in an outsider for the position is something new for the Santa Fe department.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help