Chief: Outside hire for 'objective' internal affairs cases
Santa Fe chief chose someone without connections within the department to conduct internal affairs investigations of officers facing complaints
SANTA FE — Former Truth or Consequences police chief Patrick Gallagher has been hired as the Santa Fe Police Department's new "professional standards captain," in charge of internal affairs matters.
The decision to bring in an outsider for the position is something new for the Santa Fe department.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman