Fla. officer retires early after Obama comments
The officer retired earlier this month while facing an internal investigation into his comments to other officers after the election
Asian News International
Washington — A police officer in Florida has quit after admitting he told colleagues that he would volunteer to assassinate President Barack Obama.
Sam Koivisto, of the Jacksonville Police Department, told the Florida Times-Union that his comments had been blown out of proportion and that he had planned to retire in five months anyway.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fla. officer retires early after Obama comments
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds