Man charged with attempted murder of NJ cop
Troy Hafesh is also accused of burglary, eluding police, leaving the scene of the crash, and other charges
EDISON, N.J. — A township man was charged with causing the death of his passenger while fleeing police after breaking into a diner Jan. 24, according to Middlesex County Prosecutor Bruce J. Kaplan and Chief Richard Ivone of the Piscataway Police Department.
Troy Hafesh, 43, was charged with the aggravated manslaughter of his passenger, another 43-year-old man whose name was not released.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Man charged with attempted murder of NJ cop
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic