Ohio chief alleges retaliation by city
Chief John McGuire has been on paid medical leave since July 2012, the result of an on-duty injury sustained in a motor vehicle acciden
By Allison Wingate
Fostoria Review Times
FOSTORIA, Ohio — Fostoria Police Chief John McGuire has alleged city officials are retaliating against him for filing a worker's compensation claim by failing to resolve issues concerning his pay.
McGuire has been on paid medical leave since July 2012, the result of an on-duty injury sustained in a motor vehicle accident. Fostoria Police Capt. Patrick Brooks has been handling the department's administrative duties during his absence.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ohio chief alleges retaliation by city
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help