Newspaper scrutinizes Chicago police's overtime
The overtime bill has risen from $1.9M in 2010 to nearly $2.8M last year
By Chris Fusco
Each week he was on the job last year, Metra Police Department Sgt. John K. Geraty would work his regular 40 hours and then, on average, put in another 38 hours of overtime.
His total pay last year as a cop with the Chicago and suburban commuter rail agency: $154,446, with more than half of that - $90,273 - for overtime.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Newspaper scrutinizes Chicago police's overtime
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend