W.Va superintendent warns of trooper shortage
Superintendent says lack of minority officers is part of greater recruiting problem tied to funding
By Dave Boucher
Charleston Daily Mail
West Virginia — Among the 698 troopers with the West Virginia State Police, there are 12 black men and one black woman.
Col. Jay Smithers, State Police superintendent, said he understands the agency needs to recruit more minority officers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: W.Va superintendent warns of trooper shortage
- Job Listings
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy