Ariz. cop resigns after alleged undercover affair with drug dealer
She put two other officers at risk when she blew their covers to a suspected drug dealer
By PoliceOne Staff
TEMPE, Ariz. — A Tempe police officer has resigned amid a criminal investigation that alleges she slept with a drug dealer she was investigating while undercover.
Jessica Dever-Jakusz bought ecstasy from a Tempe drug dealer and soon began dating the subject, according to ABC15, putting two other officers in danger.
Dever-Jakusz admitted to the drug dealer that she was an officer and blew the covers of the other officers involved in the months-long investigation.
Dever-Jakusz’s husband, also an officer, is under investigation for using police equipment to look up the drug suspect after learning about the affair, according to the report.
The dealer in the affair has not yet been identified.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help