Mich. state police recruiting event draws crowd
Nearly 80 hopefuls will attend the recruiting even being held in Detroit
By Gus Burns
DETROIT, MI — Michigan state police let it me known that they are hiring and received over 80 applicants for several available trooper slots.
In what the agency is calling an "unprecedented" recruiting effort, the applicants will be taking their Civil Service Exam, undergo trooper motor carrier orientation and take an agility test all on Saturday at Detroit's Mumford High School, 17525 Wyoming, between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
"We have been working to recruit a diverse pool of applicants for our trooper recruit schools, as we would like to have a police force that is reflective of the communities we serve," said Tiffany Brown, a spokeswoman for the agency.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house