Video: Helmet cam captures cops' clash with Ariz. college crowd
Fifteen people were arrested in the March 29 incident near the University of Arizona's main gate
TUCSON, Ariz. — Hours of video released by the Tucson Police Department shows what officers saw during that unruly crowd incident after the Arizona Wildcats' loss in the Elite 8, KVOA says.
Fifteen people were arrested in the March 29 incident near the University of Arizona's main gate. Officers at the scene with helmet cameras collected more than 140 hours of video, KVOA says.
One incident seen over and over in the media was a man hit repeatedly with pepper ball shots before being forcefully taken in to custody. What the cop cams reveal is that same man inciting the crowd and taunting police minutes before. Officers are seen allowing him to move away.
Full Story: New police video shows clash with Tucson crowd
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds