Lander County Sheriff's Office - Battle Mountain, Nevada
- Entry Level Salary:
- $39,711.00 annual
- Academy Graduate:
- $41,857.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $47,224.00 annual
The selection process will consist of a physical agility exam (pass/fail), written examination, and panel interview. An eligibility list for new hires and an eligibility list for currently employed and POST certified officers will be created from the testing procedures. Prior to appointment, successful candidates will be required to undergo comprehensive law enforcement background checks, voice stress analyzer or polygraph tests, as well as post-offer medical/psychological examinations.
Lander County offers a competitive salary range and an excellent benefits package. To be considered for this position, a Lander County Sheriff’s Office employment application (resume optional) must be completed and returned to the Human Resources Department (Post Office Box 1625, Battle Mountain, Nevada 89820. For application materials, please call (775) 635-1100 or visit our website at, www.landerso.org.
The County of Lander is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Age: Minimum 21
- Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. Certificate
- Experience: None
This position requires:
1) a High School Diploma (or G.E.D.)
2) a current valid Driver’s license
3) the physical strength and agility to perform the essential functions of the position
4) a background clear of felony convictions in this state or any offense which would be a felony if committed in this state, or any offense involving moral turpitude or unlawful use, sale or possession of a controlled substance, or documented history of physical violence.
Applicants must have U.S. citizenship and be twenty-one (21) years of age. Successful candidates must be able to perform shift work and possess or obtain a Basic Peace Officers Standard Training Certificate (P.O.S.T.). Certified lateral transfers from other law enforcement agencies are encouraged to apply, as well as women and minorities.